Tuesday 8 June 2010

Hattie and the fort: Part 2

I can't quite believe the amount of enthusiasm that was shown in response to my blog post Hattie and the fort Part 1. I feel at once humbled and awesome.

I shall provide a full blog post charting the contest once it closes on 10th June and I have received all the submissions.

But now, without further ado, here is my fort journey:





This was my first, practice, attempt. My team mate, Dexter, is pictured, thus abiding by the official fort contest rules. This was a rather more elegant fort than my official entry, however since this fort was built on the bed without a view of the television, I felt rather strongly that this submission would be cheating if I passed it off as a genuine TV oriented fort. Yes, readers, I care about you that much that I would not want to cheat you.

Here is Dexter's solo attempt in our wardrobe - he is experienced in the building of slap-dash multi pile-on clothes forts.





And here, here is my official fort - TV facing in the sitting room




As I stated earlier, the craftsmanship of this fort is not quite as sophisticated as my first attempt, but it was wonderful nonetheless. And yes, that's a lamp, a MOTHERFUCKING LAMP in my fort. I am also wearing my onesie for extra cool points. It may not look like much, but I assure you that being in my fort felt like this:




I hope you all had as much fun as I did! Contest closes on Thursday, kids. Forts forever!

4 comments:

  1. Closes on thursday?!?!? but i was going to do mine at the weekend. no fair. PS-i have the same funzee now as you. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah well, seeing as you have registered your interest before 10th of June, I will let you submit your entry before 11.59 on Sunday 13th June. Please register your official team name here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our team name will be: the camper couches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes - I'm sorry I forgot you had already submitted the team name. Looking forward to seeing your entry!

    ReplyDelete